Located in the McIntire Historic District in Zanesville, Gale Garden is a small one-acre public garden. In the early 1800s the site was a farm pasture and then a truck farm for vegetables. Kenneth and Jane Gale purchased the property in 1938 and turned into a retreat garden. The garden features more than 80 species of trees as well as a wide variety of woody ornamentals and perennials. The property was donated to the Mission Oaks Foundation in 2005. The garden was later acquired by the Muskingum Valley Park District in 2010. Gale Garden is open daily from dawn to dusk.
Directions: Enter through the gate at the rear of the parking lot.